Monday, June 27, 2016

When You Know Something, Tell People!

I'm not usually competitive in conference games. I think they're fun, but when I'm actually at the conference, I'm too distracted to participate.  But, #notatISTE16 has been different. It was in my "Summer Learning" plan to participate in #notatISTE16 and I've been drawn into a lot of the #shenanigans as well as a TON of learning and connecting.

Creating my #notatISTE16 badge and customized ribbon counts as fun if not necessarily #shenanigans.  To get points in the #notatISTE16 challenge, you have to share the badge and tweet about it.  Almost immediately, @Kitty_Tripp tweeted back: 
I could have ignored this exhortation to create and share; replied nicely and moved on, but something about Kitty's Tweet struck me. I'm always talking on Voxer and tweeting on Twitter about empowerment, sharing and creation. This is an example of doing just that. Instead of simply completing the challenge, getting my points and moving on to the next thing, what if I actually empowered others to do the same.  
So, I did.   

When you know something, tell people so they can know too.

Thank you Kitty for pushing me outside my comfort zone. 


Link to: How to Make Your Own #notatiste16 Riboon
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1ynKOPVXzyZGR
(This link might expire... Not sure about Periscope.tv links. I'm uploading to Youtube next.)


No comments:

Post a Comment