Saturday, June 3, 2017

#ISTE17 Emerging Edublogger

Take a chance and go for it!  That's what I did and it worked. I'm officially an ISTE Emerging
Edublogger. It didn't seem real until I received an email with "media credentials".  How cool is that!
One of my primary missions at ISTE in San Antonio is to interview students at the poster sessions, panels and ignites and capture their ideas about learning in my blog & Google Site similar to the one I did for NCTIES last spring (Periscoping NCTIES) . In addition to being one of the best conference experience EVER, capturing student voice in this way gave me vehicle to show the end results of project-based, maker-based, inquiry-based, non-traditional learning to the teachers back home in my district in a way that is more powerful than a set of notes from a presentation. 
I want to give a shout out to Stacey Finkel with Adam Shapiro Public Relations who is handling media for ISTE this year. She has been amazingly helpful in getting information about the process, especially related interviewing students and social media permissions.

1 comment:

  1. If you want any Science Teacher Blogging Buddy assistance at ITSE, please let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete